List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Konqueror tool bars
From:       Edoardo Causarano <curious.corn () katamail ! com>
Date:       2002-09-25 18:02:11

On Tuesday 24 September 2002 14:46, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Tuesday 24 September 2002 10:00, Eric Ellsworth wrote:
> > In general there should be no limitation on how you can arrange these
> > toolbars.
>
> that would be most nice...
>
> > Anyone else have ideas on this subject?
>
> what is the most common resolution that KDE is run at? we should ship for
> that situation and allow easy modifications to be made for other less
> common scenarios.

Whoa! What about merging the rotating K with some animation suggesting the
cryptography status of the connection? Turning the K into a rotating padlock
on going in ssl would be cool (and crypto level 56bits makes the bg red)  In
the past I complained about this info coming from the toolbar padlock
(unexpected source of status info) and proposed to frame the page in a red
widget but it might suck. The transition from ordinary K to Padlock and
viceversa could come with a little flash thus capturing the user attention
(overall unobtrusive but noticeable when it needs to be)

2c,
Edo
--
  7:54pm  up 46 min,  1 user,  load average: 0.57, 0.58, 0.51