List:       kde-usability
Subject:    OFF TOPIC: Compiling cvs
From:       Christoph Held <c-held () web ! de>
Date:       2002-09-03 13:32:19

Sorry for being off topic:

I am trying to compile cvs for some time now. It is difficult to contribute
code if you are not able to compile cvs.

The error msg I get in KDE base:

> make[3]: Wechsel in das Verzeichnis Verzeichnis
> »/home/held/programming/kde/cvs/kdebase/doc/kdm«
> /opt/kde3/bin/meinproc --check --cache index.cache.bz2 ./index.docbook

please note:  /opt/kde3/ is not my install dir. My install directory is
/opt/kde-cvs. Most paths in the Makefile are correct, some (like meinprog)
are pointing to my kde3 installation. Meinprog is a xml parser. The option
--check tests if the xml file is correct. Now, index.docbook is just a text
file, with the mime type xml. All other files in the doc directory have the
type html (and AFIK don't cause errors).

> index.docbook:8: error: failed to load external entity "dtd/kdex.dtd"
> ]>
>  ^
> index.docbook:10: error: Entity 'language' not defined
> <book lang="&language;">
>                       ^
> index.docbook:10: validity error: No declaration for attribute lang on
> element book
> <book lang="&language;">
>                        ^
> index.docbook:12: error: Entity 'kdm' not defined
> <title>The &kdm; Handbook</title>
>                 ^
> [...]
>
> index.docbook:839: error: Entity 'underGPL' not defined
> &underGPL;
>          ^
> index.docbook:841: validity error: No declaration for element chapter
> </chapter>
>          ^
> index.docbook:842: validity error: No declaration for element book
> </book>
>       ^
> make[3]: *** [index.cache.bz2] Fehler 1
> make[3]: Verlassen des Verzeichnisses Verzeichnis
> »/home/held/programming/kde/cvs/kdebase/doc/kdm«
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
> make[2]: Verlassen des Verzeichnisses Verzeichnis
> »/home/held/programming/kde/cvs/kdebase/doc«
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
> make[1]: Verlassen des Verzeichnisses Verzeichnis
> »/home/held/programming/kde/cvs/kdebase«
> make: *** [all] Fehler 2
> held@linux:~/programming/kde/cvs/kdebase>

In case someone has a good idea, please let me know.

Cheers

Christoph