List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Lycoris usability - not perfect but the way to go (as with Ap ple)
From:       wvl <yatsu () wanadoo ! nl>
Date:       2002-08-30 20:13:33

On Friday 30 August 2002 21:53, Poletti Don wrote:
> >I believe that users will come to and often already do prefer
> >a HTML interface
> >over MFC, QT, GTK.. etc because they navigate HTML pages much,
> >much more
> >often than the OS native interface. Also, Icons conventionally
> >have been used
> >as named buttons where as with a HTML interface it is easier to allow
> >descriptive text to be displayed directly to the user.
>
> I for one do not. The widgets on html pages do not follow my
> choices for color and style and generally interact poorly
> with the os.
>
> So we're suggesting using a page that does not follow your choice
> for look and feel to change your look and feel.

I think that the average user, who never changes the Look and Feel of his/her
desktop to an extent that it looks considerably different from the default
style, that such technical correctness is rarely noticed.

But nevertheless, nothing prevents such a HTML based control panel to follow
the users settings (colors, fonts).

- wvl