List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Konqueror sidebar usability (Was: Lycoris usability - not perfect
From:       Gordon Tyler <gordon () doxxx ! net>
Date:       2002-08-30 19:47:42

Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Friday 30 August 2002 03:31, Joseph Wenninger wrote:
>
>>Hi
>>

>>>there are device icons in CVS... however, they work only on the desktop.
>>>i'm not sure how much work would be required to get them to also show in
>>>a seperate window rather than the desktop.
>>
>>Do they not work in konqy for you ? If you put devices:/ into the urlbar it
>>should work. The sidebar has still a bug though :( And I'm a littlebit
>>short of time in the moment
>

> so they do. very nice =)

Does anybody else find the icon tabs of the sidebar too small and hard
to hit except by carefully aiming the mouse? I was just wondering if it
would be easier to use and more obvious to users that they can do stuff
with this sidebar thingy if the icons were larger and more obvious what
their function is.

Also, the Services tab could be considered as an "out of the way" place
to put stuff like lan browsing and device access. Is there perhaps a
better way to organise the sidebar so that users can easily find the
things they would most commnly want to access? I'm thinking Home
directory, CD-ROM/digital camera/other devices, Local Network. At least
that's what I find myself using the most when I have my user hat on.

Ciao,
Gordon

(let's see if I can spawn other 100 message thread ;)