List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Lycoris usability - not perfect but the way to go (as with Apple)
From:       Klas Kalass <klas.kalass () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-08-30 18:26:26

Am Freitag, 30. August 2002 20:13 schrieb Aaron J. Seigo:
> On Friday 30 August 2002 12:00, daniel nagore wrote:
> > There are some things that i want to tell to the list :
> >
> > 1º.- The problem with kcontrol: its too big. Lot of Menus that are anying
> > for the normal user and finally you cant find what you want to modify in
> > the Desktop. Look here:
> >
> > http://www.lycoris.com/products/desktoplx/control/
> >
> > As you can see, the submenus are more usable and ergonomy. The advantage
> > is that it wouldn't require a lot of coding, just some html pages.
>
> using khtml is not, IMO, an option. it's just asking for a
> broken/misconfigured khtml so that the user can't (easily) get to their
> configuration options.
Could you please explain this in detail: How can khtml be broken in such a
way, except for CVS versions? In what ways can it be misconfigured? Is it
possible to make an application that essentially uses khtml in a defined
configuration (i.e. not konqueror)?

Personally I like the usage of Web Technologies in a desktop environment like
Windows XP does it and I do not think we should avoid using those just
because khtml is sometimes a bit shaky in CVS.