List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Control center organization/clutter
From:       Poletti Don <Don.Poletti () comverse ! com>
Date:       2002-08-28 12:17:18

Having caught up with cvs (sorry slow modem, changed cvs
servers etc..)

I see the CC has moved around quite a bit. I also see a few
kcm's in more than one place, Is this intentional? is it
some artifact by how I upgraded. For instance the background
dialog is under desktop and look&feel. Kmail is in more than one
spot, as is Power center

Some add ional changes I think we should consider.
1) Move screen saver to from look&feel to desktop. It comes up
under configure desktop. Also the Paths kcm should be under desktop
for the same reasons. but I couldn't find it anywhere. Maybe it should
be removed from configure desktop. If my system just has artifacts can
someone tell me how to clean them out.

2) Should we move the font installer to the fonts kcm under look&feel? Or
at least have a link to it.

3) I think the "system" section should be completely rethought. Just like
everything about a gui can be in look&feel everything else can be system.
I think we should ditch system and redistribute the kcms into more
meaningful
branches.

4) On the power kcm I wasn't sure if it was talking about my entire computer
or just my monitor.