List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KPersonalizer usability discussion
From:       Christoph Held <c-held () web ! de>
Date:       2002-08-28 7:24:19

On Wednesday 28 August 2002 00:03, Electronic Eric wrote:

> True.  However, almost every time I upgrade KDE, I have the problem that it
> keeps poppingup on subsequent logins, and have to write some setting into
> .kpersonalizerrc, after dredging around the web for a way to do it.  I'm
> guessing this is because I use a $KDEHOME that kpersonalizer doesn't
> account for.  It's rather annoying for it to pop up every time, and is
> probably worth making sure that that doesn't happen...

I have checked the source code of kpersonalizer. IMHO a bug in the underlying
libs or most likley the init process that starts kpersonalizer. I will add it
to the bug list and forward it to Carsten Wolff.

> Also, the distros
> do a lot of this personalizing stuff type stuff.  Might be nice to talk to
> them about what they'd want to put in it.
We are already very busy to include and fix everything (including a almost
complete kpersonalizer rewrite) for the kde 3.2 release.

cheers

Christoph