List:       kde-usability
Subject:    RE: single click in file chooser
From:       "#TRENSCHEL TOBIAS MARTIN#" <P9063068910 () ntu ! edu ! sg>
Date:       2002-08-27 9:18:01

> Am Samstag, 24. August 2002 21:54 schrieb Klas Kalass:
> file on single
> and would like
> (after all this is
> action to some
> impossible.
> > >
> > > do you know which commit introduced this behaviour? or since when?
> >
> > No, not yet but I am investigating the problem. It seems to
> only occur when
> > directories are shown seperately. So it was probably not
> intentionally (I
> > was hoping to find a hint in the cvs log...). KDE 3.0.2
> behaves correctly.
>
> To everyone interested: found and fixed - a one-liner

i wonder whether a one-click selection wouldn't be more consistent: in konqueror a \
file is selected by one click. the file chooser is just the mirrored process since \
the application is already launched and a file chosen. from that perspective a file \
chooser's functionality is a 'stripped down version of konqueror'. therefore a one \
click selection should be preferred.

unforunately there is a principal problem involved: there is no (pre-)selection \
anymore. this is a problem konqueror suffers similarly. no pre-selection -> no \
pre-view functunality. and ctrl-click is not intuitive... perhaps a \
preview/additional information will be triggered similar to konquerors tool-tips?

(i hope not to be completely OT, last kde version i encountered was 3.0.2)
tobi