List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [RFC] Icon control page, updated
From:       "Torsten Rahn" <tackat () suse ! de>
Date:       2002-08-25 19:24:59

> OK, I take your many points in this. I also apologise, I have plenty of
time

no need to apologize. Did I sound that harsh?
Last time I checked this list I was thrilled to see how many good ideas
appeared here (in opposite to kdelook) and I especially liked the solution
that was found for kicker. When I checked the list today I felt rather upset
to see how (in general ) people seem to work on stuff and don't seem to
check back on kde-devel/kde-core-devel/kde-look if there had been
discussions concerning certain problems in the past. When I saw that you
didn't contact me I got into panic mode ;-)

> on my hands to waste in discussion at the moment. I forget that others
don't.

I don't know if you mean this honestly but right now I don't have too much
time on my hands :-(
Especially when it comes to usability you can't simply explain something in
one sentence and it's very tiresome to explain stuff again and again.

> In short, MP meekly withdraws and promises to read ALL the archives.

Well, some of the thoughts that I wrote can also be found here:

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-devel&m=98595797007195&w=2

and here's a bunch of other links you might find interesting:
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-look&m=96479270106627&w=2
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-look&m=96491185918303&w=2

maybe it's even interesting to see who has worked on this and which changes
have been made:

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-cvs&m=97926118431628&w=2

> Perhaps I am over enthusiastic in my attempts, but I honestly didn't
expect my

enthusiasm is good - at least most of the time ...

> My apologies for your time, but my thanks for the insight. I promise it
was
> not entirely wasted!

I hope to see an icon-dialog improved by you to hit CVS soon :-)

Greetings,
Tackat