List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [RFC] Icon control page, updated
From:       Ryan Cumming <ryan () completely ! kicks-ass ! org>
Date:       2002-08-23 11:43:00

On August 23, 2002 04:12, Michael Pye wrote:
> Comments please! I'm going to work on layouts now, so don't worry about the
> fact that it won't resize yet...

Re: Capitalization
1) Widget labels such as "Icon Type:" should use sentence style
capitalization, ie "Icon type:"
2) Buttons should use title style capitalization, ie "Advanced Highlight
Settings..."

Re: Accels
1) "&Highlight" conflicts with the "&Help" menu in KControl
2) The "Icon size" and "Icon type" labels should really have their "buddies"
set to the correct control, and be given accels

Re: Usability
My only problem here is that the "Size and Effects" groupbox doesn't seem to
clearly seperate selection of what the user is modifying, and the settings
themselves.

For instance, if I select "File Management" as the type, and then select "16"
as the size, have I set file management to use size 16 icons? Or am I
modifying the settings for size 16 file management icons? The UI doesn't make
that very clear.

Keep up the good work,
	Ryan