List:       kde-usability
Subject:    RE: List archives + KDE CVS and Icons control module
From:       Poletti Don <Don.Poletti () comverse ! com>
Date:       2002-08-22 17:48:20

>I would like to putt the more easy, task oriented managers in
>the look & feel
>tree and bury the feature oriented kc modules in a 'look &
>feel'->'advanced
>settings' subtree.

Maybe I haven't been on the list long enough but has this entire concept
been discussed. This sounds like you want to trash (bury in your terms)the
entire system in place of the managers you are creating. Have these
new managers been discussed. Are there any screen shots.

So far themes have been little used because users seem to prefer to change
the individual setting. No matter how good a theme is users want to change
some aspect of it. Same with speed, Maybe a slow cpu user sets it low
but loves fading menus so much he wants that one feature enable regardless
of the speed hit.