List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: How about a first-time interactive tutorial?
From:       Sander Devrieze <s.devrieze () pandora ! be>
Date:       2002-08-22 12:31:48

Op donderdag 22 augustus 2002 14:27, schreef Alistair Davidson:
<snip>
> > This A.I. makes a profile transparant to the user and can support the
> > user better(like a real teacher).  This A.I.-tutorial would be a succes
> > in the media I think and maybe a good reason to release a kde4.0 ;-)
> > ...It's only very hard to make I think...
>
> The trouble is that it's not a matter of skill, but of knowledge. I can
> know everything in the tutorials but one or two things dotted around here
> and there and an AI won't pick that up (unless you know something about AI
> that I don't...)

Therefore there have to be in the Help-menu of an application an option to the
tutorial.  This tutorial provide then some lessons relavant to that app(maybe
with intelligent options) or you can search a tutorial in a list.  I think
this will solve this problem....

<snip>
> I wasn't suggesting that we have tanks in the KDE tutorial! I was
> explaining how tutorials in computer games work. :)

I know, I know,...it was only an example ;)  But it's important to keep that
in mind.

> > > Not only that, but it should be
> > > simple to store the whole thing in XML files and i18n it.
> >
> > Maybe that the lessons(games, pictures,...) can also be different par
> > language...
>
> If it's needed I don't see why not...

But that are things to discusse later and this has to be done lesson par
lesson  with the help of the i18n-teams.

--
Sander Devrieze.
Jabber ID: sander@jabber.at