List:       kde-usability
Subject:    List archives + KDE CVS and Icons control module
From:       Michael Pye <mp () fuckmicrosoft ! com>
Date:       2002-08-21 20:35:28

I have browsed what archives I found at
http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-usability/ but found only one major thread
on the CC. From this I found that Jono is heavily involved with these
improvements.

In the mean time, I also finished a successful build of the CVS kdebase, and I
am impressed by the great difference between the control centre in 3.0.3 and
CVS! However, I can still see a lot of work to do, and many of my pet
problems are still apparant (though it is great to see the Look & Feel
section so much reduced in size!). So I'm building kdevelop so that I can
hack at a few of them and gather comments.

The onlt other insight I did gain from the list archives is that it is easy to
get bogged down in the talking stage and never move on to serious doing. For
this reason I plan to make a mockup of a new module for "Look & Feel / Icons"
and then invite criticism and make changes as appropriate. If my contribution
is crap, bin it, I have reasonably thick skin.

I'm just stating my intent here to check no one else is actively working on
the icons module right now.

MP