List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KDE Control Center
From:       Christoph Held <c-held () web ! de>
Date:       2002-08-05 21:14:21

On Monday 05 August 2002 22:02, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Monday 05 August 2002 12:36 pm, Christoph Held wrote:
> > On Monday 05 August 2002 20:24, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> >

> The old one is relatively flexible. You might be able to use the backend of
> the old one and provide it with a new frontend.

It's quite the opposite: I will use the old front end with a new back end ;-)

O.K. Let me explain:

The new "look" thememanager would have two tabed pages. In the first you can
select the theme. e.g. Keramik theme. This will set keramik-widgets, kwin,
keramik-colors, keramik-panel, keramik-splash, default-wallpaper,
crystal-icons. So, the first page will set all the other kcm modules in a
simplefied way. The second tab is to customize. It will be a long list of
combo boxes:

kwin: 	|keramik \/

widgets: 	|keramik \/

icons: 	|crystal \/

Each combo box will list all available styles. e.g. the icon combo box will
list Crystal, iKons, Slick .... the widget combo box will list Keramik,
liquid, platinum...

Greetings

Christoph

BTW: I am slow: I have little c++ knowledge and I am also helping Carsten with
kpersonalizer.