List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: RFC: Usability Project Roadmap for 3.2
From:       wvl <yatsu () wanadoo ! nl>
Date:       2002-08-05 19:31:15

On Sunday 04 August 2002 21:13, Marten Klencke wrote:

> Hi!
>
> On Sunday 4 August 2002 21:05, wvl wrote:
> > > would you be interested on hacking around with the colour / title
> > > stuff? if so, i'll try to remember to remind you when i put it in CVS
> > > =)
> >
> > I'm one of the many 'non-developer'-types on this list, sorry.
> >
> > - wvl
>
> I agree about the title items being a bit "dull", but as Aaron said, they
> are just borrowed. Do you have some ideas as to how they should look? If
> so, do you think you can draw (using Gimp, etc) an example and post it
> here?

I've played a bit with the idea of having colored menu's, with and without
titles for each section. I wasn't able to create anything to my liking
though.

I can't quite agree with placing these section seperators with title and all
in the K menu; its too cluttered. Also, you're left with 'blank spots'
(places where you can't click) in a menu..

Anyhow, if no better solution is found I suggest making the seperators the
same color as the title bars found on context menu's on the toolbars (judging
by the screenshot, this was the intention).

- wvl