List:       kde-usability
Subject:    RE: KDE 3.0.2 Usability Study - First Steps
From:       Poletti Don <Don.Poletti () comverse ! com>
Date:       2002-07-19 13:02:59

>The dialog would have of course an option for not reappearing
>again. I think
>the dialog should not alter the settings itself, but open the
>control-center, so that users can remember how to change it.
>If the user
>change its mind, he then knows that somewhere in the control
>center, he can
>control single/double click.

I think this would be a great improvement.

But I think the dialog should change it. There should be a note
to say how to change it back. Most people only need to set this
once. (I speak for the trees, said the Lorax to the onceler).

I'm sure this discussion is not going to make kde remove either
single or double click setting. However we might discuss what the
default behavior should be, Could the initial setup wizard set
double click if the user selects the windows like them, or have
another slide/dialog to ask how this should be set. I think this
is so fundamental it rates a spot on the configuration wizard.