List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Keramik for KDE 3.1
From:       Eric Christopherson <rakko () charter ! net>
Date:       2002-07-19 5:18:38

On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 07:06:53PM -0600, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
>   RMB menus are invisible and therefore they lack the usability of a
>   visible menu. power users find and use RMB menus, but that's about it.

Does anyone but power users use *either* menu, though? I wouldn't think so.
All the "common" operations are already available in buttons: close,
minimize, maximize, help (correct me if you think these are not the most
common). In addition, 'sticky' has a button, which has never seemed to have
a point to me (I'd much rather have a button for always on top, which I use
regularly). Move and resize can be done by dragging, shading by a double
click (or middle click, etc.) That leaves Always on Top, Store Settings,
Configure..., and To Desktop. I'm just wondering if many casual users (the
ones who I assume would be least apt to try right clicking -- again, correct
me if I'm wrong) actually use those menu items.

--
Eric Christopherson, a.k.a. Contrarian Conlanger Rakko ^_^