List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Mounting Media
From:       Joseph Wenninger <jowenn () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-07-16 18:39:18

Hi

I'm assuming you are using Linux. For other operating systems (BSD,.....) I
don't have the knowledge to implement it correctly

Add to the mount options user into the fstab instead of the possibly existing
nouser. And turn the Unmounted cdrom/floppy... devices in the desktop
configuration on. If you click onto the devices they are mounted
automatically if possible. Unmounting is possible with the RMB menu

If you open devices:/ in konqueror you will see all devices from the fstab.
Attention: There is a small bug in konqy's sidebar which could cause a crash,
if you add the devices:/ link into it

Kind regards
Joseph Wenninger