List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: file dialog section of eugenia's article
From:       Eric Christopherson <rakko () charter ! net>
Date:       2002-07-12 5:13:04

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 06:31:13PM -0700, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Thursday 11 July 2002 05:25 pm, Eugenia Loli-Queru wrote:
> > > and how do you explain to a user that they can't select the
> >
> > back/forward/etc
> >
> > > selections from the menu when they have something selected? this would be
> > > particularly bad when you use the detalied view since how to deselect an
> >
> > item
> >
> > > isn't exactly obvious for most.
> >
> > Then, it should be done as WinXP does it:
> > There should not be any navigation options inside the file/folder area via
> > rmb. Only file/folder assosiated options should be there.
>
> I think the navigation options could be safely left out indeed.

Wait a minute! Are we talking about leaving them out of the file dialog, or
out of konqueror? Even if it is just in the file dialog, I'd like to
register a polite protest. I for one use the navigation actions (especially
Back) far, FAR more often with the RMB than with the buttons above (because
the RMB menu can be evoked darn near anywhere), so IMO quite a bit of
functionality and niceness would be lost removing them.

--
Eric Christopherson, a.k.a. Contrarian Conlanger Rakko ^_^