List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Using QToolTip and QWhatsThis
From:       Irwin K <emerald-arcana () rogers ! com>
Date:       2002-07-04 3:12:07

On Monday 01 July 2002 09:22 am, Chris Howells wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sunday 30 June 2002 5:12 pm, Irwin K wrote:
> > Tooltip text is also inconsistent across applications.  Konqueror's "Cut"
> > tooltip is "Moves the selected text/items to the clipboard".  Most other
> > KDE applications use "Cut".
>
> I can't reproduce this. What version of KDE are you using? Please describe
> the steps to reproduce.

I'm using KDE 3.0.1.  I do the following:

SETUP: Command shell with $KDEDIR/bin in the path.

ACTION 1: Type in the shell: konqueror --profile webbrowsing
VERIFY 1: The window appears.
ACTION 2: Move the mouse overtop of the scissors icon on Konqueror's toolbar.
VERIFY 2: A tooltip appears.

Expected results: The tooltip reads, "Moves the selected text/item(s) to the
clipboard".

Alternately, I try launching KWrite instead of Konqueror and move the mouse to
the scissors icon and get "Cut".  It is the same in KMail Composer.

--
-- Arcana  (Irwin)