List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KFileDialog toolbar
From:       Irwin K <emerald-arcana () rogers ! com>
Date:       2002-06-29 16:06:24

On Friday 28 June 2002 11:12 pm, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> Hi...
>
> something that has bugged me about KFileDialog for a while is the toolbar.
>
> in specific there is the "gear menu" that has some view options, and then
> there are some view options on the toolbar. this means that the user has to
> learn two differenet UI pathways to change view settings.

As a side concern, I wonder why KDE has removed the "New Directory" button as
an icon in the toolbar.  I find that the "New Directory" button is rather
indispensible when I save files and should be left as a very visible widget.

Unfortunately I do not have evidence from other users that proves that the New
Directory is a commonly-used task.

Can someone support or deny this statement based on what they may personally
do, or observe?

--
-- Arcana  (Irwin)