List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: TOM write-up
From:       Eric Ellsworth <eeric () speakeasy ! net>
Date:       2002-06-10 23:45:03

On Monday 10 June 2002 3:25 pm, Alistair Davidson wrote:
> I did a quick TOM FAQ on the wiki to get it rolling. It's probably got a
> load of errors and so on, but I figured it would work as a nice
> framework for everyone else to correct and add to.
>
> http://intrinsix.homelinux.org/twiki/bin/view/Usability/TaskOrientedMenu

Great work!  That's a good explanation of where the TOM idea is going now.

I think we'll need to have good default task groups already set up to make
this menu really easy to use.
To that effect, I started compiling a list of the predefined tasks and groups
I think we might include in the menu editor:

http://eeric.dnsalias.net/kde_usability/new_KMenu/menus_list.html

I make no claims about these being the right tasks or the right groups, but I
wanted to get some feedback on these, which will eventually go into the TOM
menu editor.

Cheers,

Eric