List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Improving the Application-Starting Process
From:       Michael Hofer <michaelhofer () gmx ! net>
Date:       2002-06-08 9:27:03

Hello!

Am Donnerstag, 6. Juni 2002 06:02 schrieb Irwin:
> We're not really on a quest to "improve the K-Menu".  What we're REALLY
> trying to do is to make it easier to find and start applications.
[Application Sorting on the Panel]
> Small version:
> http://yetta.net/~arcana/kde/kofficemenu1.png

I somehow like this idea. There could be 5 or 6 main-groups (task groups) and
maybe one group "Other Tasks" for things which don't belong to the
main-groups. The task-text (eg "Use the Internet") could be implemented as a
tooltip.
If our aim is a task-oriented-menu with way fewer entries then know - why do
we need a KMenu for holding the task-groups? If the groups were directly on
the panel everything would be one level (mouse-click) closer to the user.

servus,
Michael