List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Re: Improved KMenu
From:       Laurent Rathle <lrathle () kde-france ! org>
Date:       2002-06-08 7:52:41

Le Mercredi 5 Juin 2002 11:17, christoph held a écrit :
> yup, that's just you (and me). I have worked as a admin and I can assure
> you 90% are not able to create buttons on the windows desktop or windows
> panel. 50% never use buttons on panels or the desktop because they have
> never tried or are afraid starting a program from the panel will have a
> different result then using the start-menu... (Microsoft is avoiding
> default panel and desktop buttons by purpose) => kicker button are only for
> power users (of course, about all kde users are experts, but I hope this
> will change)

Perhaps it is due to the fact that that a lot of people using computers until
recently began late. And when I say late, I don't mean 100 :-). I've seen
people of 40 acting with their computer as if it was a mysterious machine.
Perhaps due to the science fiction book of the 70's showing the computer as a
full power thing. A lot of young now have touched their first computer the
same time they learned to read and write. And their number will be
increasing. I think they will be far less afraid with computers than the
older generation.

--
lrathle@kde-france.org
http://www.kde-france.org