List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KMail and addressing
From:       Don Sanders <sanders () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-06-04 6:00:30

Michael W. Collette wrote:

> Been thinking this one over for a bit, deciding if I wanted to take
> a stab at this or not.
> Addressing in the Composition Window
> For writing a letter such as this with a single send to, the dialog
> is more than adequate.  Nice auto completion with drop down
> selection.  Where this model starts to break down hard is when the
> user attempts to cc: more than 4 or 5 people.  That single line
> there makes it difficult to review just who in the heck you're
> sending to.  This happens often enough to me that I feel it to be a
> major usability issue.
>
> It is my belief that both Netscape 4.7 and Mozilla nails the
> usability to a tee in this respect.  Case in point, a snap shot of
> Mozilla's composition window...

I think Mozilla style addressing is worth investigation and I'd be
willing to review a patch for that and if it seems like an
improvement advocate it being submitted to cvs.

The other criticisms have merit, but I lack the time to comment on
them.

I don't subscribe to kde-usability. I do subscribe to kmail@kde.org,
and are willing to discuss things there, otherwise I will need to be
cc'd in order to read any discussion on this list.

Don.