List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KMail and addressing
From:       Andreas Mair <Andreas.Mair () linogate ! com>
Date:       2002-05-31 6:19:33

On Mittwoch, 29. Mai 2002 16:07, Andreas Mair wrote:

> > > If you tell me where I can find libkabc I'll have a look at it...
> >
> > kdelibs/kabc
>
> Sure, I know that, but this has *no* dialog to select email addresses.
> I found some dialogs in the kdepim package, but I haven't tried them yet.
> I'll contact those authors so that there will be only one email selection
> dialog and we maybe can work together...

Oops, I finally found the right dialog, but I don't like it at all:
- you can only select the addressee's preferred email address
- sorting is by fullname (if I remember right), e.g. "Mr. John Doe ..."
- usability: you can hardly imagine what you do with your mouseclicks

I think someone should improve it, but I don't think that we should replace it
with the dialog we are talking here, since that is too much KMail specific
(you can select "to", "cc" and "bcc"). Maybe we should make it configurable,
I mean you can tell if you only want to select emails or complete "to", "cc"
and "bcc".
But this is a discussion we should not do in this list.
I think we should find a dialog GUI that has the needed features and great
usability and then discuss with the KMail/KAddressBook people where/how to
implement it.