List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Small thoughts
From:       Alistair Davidson <lord_inh () yahoo ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-05-30 4:17:44

I was looking at XP the other day, and I was quite impressed with the
way they've made the window close button red. Any chance of us doing
that?

The ability to add horizontal bars to kicker / the kmenu would be
useful.. that may sound like a feature request, but I'm asking for very
good useability reasons (it would allow grouping of menu items) so I
figured I may as well stick it in this email.

Someone mentioned a while ago that they found users would sometimes
delete config files in the $HOME because they didn't put them there so
they assumed they weren't important. I can easily see that happening if
a user hits "Show hidden files" by mistake... the obvious solution, to
me, is to add a confirmation dialog when the user tries to delete a
hidden file that says "This file is probably a system file, deleting it
could harm your system."

I'm sure I had more thoughts, I'll post if they come back to me...

--
Al