List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: The art of not offering customization
From:       Alistair Davidson <lord_inh () yahoo ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-05-29 21:38:42

"Aaron J. Seigo" wrote:

> > I think the whole look-n-feel subdivision may be wrong. Everything about
> > a gui is look-n-feel. I'm sure what should be the major divisions or even
> > if we should have them but I think this list should start discussing the
> > big picture. There are a lot of repeat arguments because there is no
> > big pictures nor guidelines for getting us there.
>
> a good project for an ambitious non-coder (or three =) might be to go through
> each and every kcm and make a listing of all the features, what they do, and
> where they currently are. from there, map out what the conceptual
> relationships really are between the options. then, based on that mapping,
> come up with a suggested organization of the features and provide a
> comparison to what currently is there.
>
> thoughts?

Sounds like a good idea. I'll happily volunteer (though I am a coder,
albeit a bad one *g*) to be one of those to do it, I have a week free
from tomorrow on. Might be an idea for us to divide up the control
center into areas for us to each tackle.

We should start figuring out how to test our configurations on users as
well.

--
Al