List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KMail and addressing
From:       Andreas Mair <Andreas.Mair () linogate ! com>
Date:       2002-05-28 7:17:56

On Dienstag, 28. Mai 2002 02:39, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On May 27, 2002 03:50 am, Andreas Mair wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > [SNIP]
> >
> > > As to the usability problems, KMail's only major shortcoming in my mind
> > > is how it deals with addressing.  This applies to both the back end
> > > address book, as well as the composition window.  I've got some minor
> > > snipes mucking up the bottom of this write up that I thought I'd toss
> > > in for the heck of it.
> >
> > I completely agree!
> > I'm currently rewritting the address selection dialog of KMail, but I
> > still need some help/information from others, to get it really
> > useful/usable.
>
> i like the direction it is heading, but i don't have time ATM to give a
> full review ... it's shaping up though =)
>
> just one quick question: are you planning on implementing this in kmail or
> libkabc?

Didn't here from libkabc and can't find it in 3.0.1 sources. Where can I find
it? I originally thought of implementing it in KMail because the dialog is a
little bit specialized (you can select "to", "cc" and "bcc" addressees in one
dialog).

> reason i ask is that any KDE application that needs to select addresses
> should use the same dialog. therefore there are some email address chooser
> dialogs in libkabc. these ones should be improved / fixed if necessary (i
> haven't checked them out recently, but there has been some work on them
> AFAIK?) and then used in kmail.
>
> i had a patch for testing that used the libkabc dialogs, but they were so
> unusable at the time (pre 3.0) that eventually i just reverted the patch so
> i could other things in that same area...

If you tell me where I can find libkabc I'll have a look at it...