List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Back :-)
From:       "Nathaniel W. Turner" <nate () houseofnate ! net>
Date:       2002-05-23 21:10:31

Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> something like a usability CVS repository would be nice ... where each
focus
> could get a directory, and each person can commit their works-in-progress
> it. i wouldn't want to put that load on kde's cvs though ...
>
> cvs might be overkill. a web interface would be a fine start =)

I'm a CVS nut; i use it every day, can't live without it... but... I think
it might not be the right tool here.  Just maybe.

I think something along the lines of bugzilla would be more appropriate;
issue-centric discussion (not threaded, alas), ability to attach images,
etc. to specific "bugs", a place for people to dump ideas without forgetting
them (but still keeping them seperate), ability to prioritize what issues
are currently under focus, etc.

If I weren't about to move and have my DSL totally disrupted for an unknown
amount of time, I would be willing to host such a bugzilla server.
Unfortunately, I can't right now, but maybe someone else could? If anyone
thinks it's a good idea, that is. =)

nate