List:       kde-usability
Subject:    RE: Configure Desktop Background
From:       "Poletti, Don" <Don.Poletti () comverse ! com>
Date:       2002-05-23 13:53:13

>right now there are only two things not in the current draft:
>
> o patterns
> o pixmap cache settings

I really like how the second color is handled in your design
with the blending drop down next to it.

Under that you could add two widgets for patterns. One would be
a choose pattern button that brings up a dialog. The dialog
would have a list of patterns including none. The second
widget would show the currently selected pattern (or none).

If the color buttons where moved to the left an advanced
groupbox could be added under the preview. Where pixmap
cache could added. Is the pixmap cache on a desktop by desktop
basis?

Assuming that the these changes are acceptable having gotten
background down to one dialog can it be then incorporated as a
tab on the desktop kcm?

From my original post I mention that right now from the desktop
menu you select "configure desktop" then there is the desktop
kcm you can select then there is the desktop tab. I would like to
see the background incorporated into desktop move screen saver to the
desktop menu and remove the icon list. Finally change the desktop
tab to general. and there you go only one reference to desktop instead
of three.

Note to Thomas Zander
I'm afraid you feel blind sided by this and that is partly my fault.
I joined the list last week and started this topic, which seemed
very well received. I didn't (and largely still don't) understand
who is doing what and what is the proper etiquette. I'm glad your
involved at this stage and I hope you are receptive to the changes
proposed. Hopefully this will lead to the best design.