List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Configure Desktop Background
From:       John Firebaugh <jfirebaugh () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-05-23 1:15:45

On Wednesday 22 May 2002 12:59, John Firebaugh wrote:
> This weekend I will try to get a working mock of my idea, using
> QWidgetStack.

Well, I couldn't wait. Here is a working mock up of the best solution, IMHO. I
think so because:

- It incorporates a lot of good ideas from many different people.
- It minimizes the number of widgets visible at one time, while keeping each
set fully orthogonal to other sets. For a given background mode, all the
options are right there. No need to discover how one group box relates to
another, no need to make changes on one tab in order to do something else on
another. Clean, simple, easily understood.
- It allows us to eliminate one of the setup dialogs for the "Program" mode.
- If we decide to keep the patterns options, we can add it as another mode.

To build:
You might have to tweak the KDEDIR path in the .pro file. Then:

qmake background-v2.pro
make
./background-v2

If make gives some strange relocation error, just run it again.

-John
["background.tar.gz" (application/x-tgz)]