List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Restyling of the Icons-advanced-tab in Look & Feel from kcontrol
From:       Andreas Mair <Andreas.Mair () linogate ! com>
Date:       2002-05-16 7:48:47

On May 16, 2002 03:09, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On May 15, 2002 08:23 am, Sander Devrieze wrote:
> > Remark:
> > As you can see are'nt all the items on the tab on the screenshot.  This
> > is because it's only an example.
>
> how big (pixels) does it get with all 6 types of icons listed and how busy
> does it end up looking?

I think that this is a very good question. Just imagine: the screenshot looks
overfilled (my opinion) with two icon-types. KDE offers 5 different types and
there might be more in the future. So I really think to leave it as it is,
it's already usable.

> is it necessary to be able to set double-sized pixels and animated icons
> for each icon type seperately?

This is already possible, it's no new feature in that screenshots...

> the biggest problem IMO with the layout of the original is that not only
> are the settings spread out but you have to click a button to get another
> dialog for the actual settings...

Fully agree with that!