List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Winow placement policy (#26046)
From:       Roland Seuhs <roland () hasos ! com>
Date:       2002-05-14 5:26:37

Am Dienstag, 14. Mai 2002 00:56 schrieb Shane Wright:

> Hi Roland

Hi Shane!

> I think the kwin developers are happy with the three placements as they are

Strange, because I think if there is justification to put a "random" category
into the policies, there is much more justification for a "centered" and "top
left" or any other non-random behaviour. Why anybody would like random
window-placement is also not quite clear to me. But that's just MO, of
course.

Actually I consider all 3 available policies a bit random because all 3 are
quite unpredictable (even if you memorize where the last window popped up you
could not predict the "cascade" behaviour, because if the window is too big,
it pops up in the corner again.)

I think adding at least one predictable behaviour would be a good thing, is
really nobody agreeing on this?

Regarding the patch, I think everybody would be much happier if you would put
it in CVS so that it doesn't disappear after every upgrade.

Thanks a lot!

Roland

--
Ban the bomb.  Save the world for conventional warfare.