List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: kicker kcm update
From:       Andrea Negro <andrea () alessandria ! linux ! it>
Date:       2002-05-11 12:08:57

Alle 13:28, venerd́ 10 maggio 2002, Aaron J. Seigo ha scritto:
> On May 10, 2002 06:50 am, Andrea Negro wrote:
>[...]
> > should be inverted, generating even more confusion.
> instead of "size" i had "thickness" at one point. but i wasn't too
> sure about that choice of words... i'm still looking for the best
> concepts...

> > You used a picture to better explain panel's position in the screen
> > [...]
> > blending, thus showing the effect of the action. Similar for
> > length.
> actually, when you move the sliders the panel in the "monitor" on the
> left changes size to reflect the changes... so it is quite easy to
> see the effect of moving the "length" slider or the "size" sliders...
That's a good thing, I couldn't see this from shots. The preview takes
care about actual screen's resolution? Btw, I think it's a good work.

> > 2)
> > Fixed and custom slides for size are redundant. If in the custom
> > bar you mark the four standard sizes, instead of useless generic
> > marks, you achieved the same goal with less confusion. If you drag
> > with mouse, the cursor should lock on tiny, small, normal, large,
> > but if you enter a size directly or using arrows, you should move
> > the cursor with fine steps.
> ok, i've gone back to using radio buttons like the original, with a
> slider only for custom. i'll post updated screens after work sometime
I saw updated screenshots five minutes ago, i guess.. I believe this way
is more natural. In my idea, a slider widget with just fixed positions
isn't a real slider. I see use of sliders for 'analogic' tuning, don't
know if this is clear.

> i don't want to put the standard sizes in with custom because they
> are actually different concepts (e.g. custom is resizable) and
> because the standard sizes would all be squeezed in one half of the
> custom slider (tiny == 24, large == 58 px, and custom can range from
> 24 -> 128 pixes).
Agree.

- --
Kind Regards,