List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: general usability question
From:       Eric E <whalesuit () softhome ! net>
Date:       2002-05-10 19:14:44

Hi,

> Anyway I guess coming
> in late on the kicker stuff I'm more interesting in getting a head start
> on Kdeskttop as I have to teach myself how to get all the need files
> be able to change the layout and compile.

Just one more thought:

The best opinions are ones that come with a picture or prototype file of how
you think things should work.  We've batted a few of these around this list,
and the ideas seemed to get much more refined with a couple iterations.

I can't tell you how the compilation stuff works - I'm no coder.  But learning
QT Designer is not all that bad, and it's a great way to exchange prototypes
for how things should work, at least for basic stuff.

Welcome to the usability list!

Cheers,

Eric