List:       kde-usability
Subject:    A bit more constructive this time
From:       Ian h <arcaneone () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-05-10 4:15:23

I'm glad to hear that the "taskbar" being intergated
into the Panel. Knowing that makes it much easier to
deal with.

As for a patch, I wouldn't know where to start to fix
the bar "stuff". What I would like to do is create a
profile/setting vault. Considering their is no easy
way to move/copy/backup your prefences/bookmarks/misc
settings.  The app  would gather all the
configurations from each rc file of  core and some the
popular (or anything app as long as I know where it
stores it config file). Then create a master file(s)
that can be feed back into a new or network
installation of KDE. I think this would make KDE more
of solution for business because it would be easier to
maintain company setting and still allow employees
some flexiablity with a lot less direct interventions.

Before I put my foot futher down throat, I have to say
I'm a newbie to coding under KDE. I still feel this is
probably a good starting project. For that reason I
would ask if there are any good guides to getting
started whether online or in print.

Thanks for bearing with me. I probably came on a
little stronger then I meant to. In future I'm going
try to keep up with the list and my dollar thoughts
down to 2-10 cent USD increments. =)