List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: K-Menu placement when invoked by keyboard
From:       Wilco Greven <j.w.greven () student ! utwente ! nl>
Date:       2002-05-07 11:28:53

On Tuesday 07 May 2002 11:12, Hamish Rodda wrote:
> Just wanted to note the placement of the K-Menu when invoked by the
> keyboard. The recent change:
>
> kdebase/kicker/core kicker.cpp,1.19,1.20, Author: wgreven, Wed May  1
> 15:50:13 CEST 2002
>
> altered the algorithm to display it in the center of the screen instead of
> with the mouse pointer (an improvement, I think). However I think the
> left-hand corner would be better because:
>
> 1) More room for menus to expand without having to overlap backwards,
> especially on smaller screens
> 2) This is the same behaviour as actually clicking the button with the
> mouse 3) It's the expected behaviour (KDE 2.x; Win; every other menu that I
> know of barring context popups)
>
> Thoughts?

Please go ahead and move the popupposition. I chose the center of the screen
because it's also the popupposition of the minicli, but the edge of the
screen seems to be better for the K-menu. Make sure to check the
reverseLayout() flag and show the menu at the appropriate side of the screen.

Greetings,
Wilco