List:       kde-usability
Subject:    kcontrol: mouse setup confusion
From:       Alexei Podtelezhnikov <apodtele () chemcca18 ! ucsd ! edu>
Date:       2002-02-18 10:15:15

Am I the only one who finds that the mouse behaviour set up is confusing?
In KDE 2.2.2 things blur out unpredictably all other the window, instead of
just the immidiate vissinity of the click-changing. Also, [X] in suboptions
do not clear up or blur if the upper level option is changed to the opposite.
Finally, my largest confusion is that I refuse to understand how the number
of clicks is bound to pointer behaviour: it's impossible in 2.2.2 to have
activating double-click and over-icon-changing pointers.

What I want to see is three (not two) large sections on the page:
1. Left- or Right-handedness
2. Icons selection and activation
   a) Autoselect with single-click activation
      - Autoselect delay
   b) Single-click select with double-click activation
3. Pointer behaviour
   [] Large?
   [] Launching feedback?
   [] Change shape over icons.