List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Color schemes
From:       "Reinhard Thies" <thiesr () camerondiv ! com>
Date:       2001-11-15 11:23:26

Hi,

I am new on this list and I am not quit sure if this. or "accessibility"
is the right one to post to ?
However, I am interested to get involved to this, because I am visually
impaired and therefore I know about the problems these people have.
Furthermore I am a software developer and may help coding some stuff.
But first at all I have to learn more about KDE at all.

Here is my first issue:
Because of the problems with my eyes I have to use dark ( black )
background with high contrast text on it (white, yellow). It would be
great to have a color scheme like this available.
I am trying to build my own ( like High Contrast Black under Microsoft
Windows) and it seems it work but there are some problems with it:

With a dark background it is necessary to have a bright ( white) mouse
pointer.
I didn't find a way to change unelectable text color.
Several applications expect that you are working with a white
background. They use black colored font as a standard.

Regards
Reinhard