List:       kde-usability
Subject:    application versions
From:       Acrimon Beet <acrimon.beet () gmx ! co ! uk>
Date:       2001-10-26 15:54:15

I've got an interest in kde usability.

I am wondering, generally, what versions of applications I should write
reports against. On the one hand, any report written against an old version
of an application may be obviated by development subsequent to that version's
release. On the other hand, keeping up to date with CVS and constantly
recompiling will be too much effort for most people.

I am currently running the kde 2.1.1 packages that came with RH 7.1, but will
shortly be upgrading to RH 7.2.

It may be helpful if guidance on this issue were put in the FAQ.

--ABeet