List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: doubleclicking toolbar buttons
From:       "Jonathan Bacon" <j.bacon () delta ! wlv ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2001-10-25 11:51:27

> Still, isn't this typically an issue that we should turn to
kde-usability
> for advice on? Jono would be thrilled to count the number of
> mouth-breathing knuckle-dragging doubleclickers in the general
population,
> I'm sure.

I have just read this issue and I agree I think this is something we
need to perform some usability tests on. Matt Clark is working on the
KDE Usabilits Labs and might be interested in conducting a study on
this. A question on the dot may be handy too.

IMHO there has been quite a lot of opinion flouted around and some
accusing others of not thinking like users. I think there are so many
variables in this issue with other environments to support users from,
gui metaphors, the right way of doing things etc, that the only way we
can resolve this is to ask our users. I don't believe that just because
someone has not reported disliking the current behaviour of KDE click
numbers that the problem doesnt exist. Many users either dont know know
or cant be bothered to report it.

Lets firstly take this over to kde-usability where this issue truly
belongs as kde-core-devel is not really a suitable place IMHO.

        Jono