List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: doubleclick toolbar button roundup
From:       Jelmer Feenstra <email () jelmer ! cc>
Date:       2001-10-25 11:48:00

On Thursday 25 October 2001 12:10, Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 01:00:43PM +0200, Jelmer Feenstra wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Ok, I've made a patch (apply from the base kde dir) that makes the option
> > configurable. You can select in Peripherals/mouse whether or not you want
> > your toolbar buttons to be protected from incidental doubleclicks.
> >
> > It's my first patch but as this option really means a lot to me I'd like
> > to see it applied, or if it's wrong and it can be done better, get some
> > advice.
>
> Hmm, you could better fix the problem in Konqueror, and increase your
> double click speed if you can't wait 400ms, since even with your patch it
> will still not work. I recall Martijn saying that a url has to be loaded
> before you can click back a second time.

Like I already said, increasing the doubleclick speed is not an option :

"No, as I still want to be able to doubleclick some text and get the word
selected. If I lower the doubleclick timeinterval this is going to get harder
- and besides, I could still press a toolbarbutton twice and be just a little
too fast so it becomes a single click. This is nonsense and not consistent
whatsoever."

When I'm running konqueror with my patch applied, I can triple click the back
button and the correct page will appear without any problemes. So I'm not
sure what this problem (url has to be loaded) is about, perhaps it has to do
with the speed of the system.

> I am simply trying to find a solve without referring to another 'lets make
> it configurable', which is something I doubt will help in the long run..

Well in that case I'd just like to see a better fix and have it act the way
it should ! Problem is though, that some developers think it should stay the
way it is, whilst others think it definitely needs changing.

Jelmer Feenstra