List:       kde-solaris
Subject:    [kde-solaris] almost running!
From:       Dan Gorman <dgorman () corp ! law ! com>
Date:       2001-08-31 23:23:50

All,
  As I try to get KDE 2.2 working on my Sun Blade I did the following.

1. Download 'kde-all' 2.2 pkgs from the ftp site.
2. bzip2 -d *.bz2
3. tar -xvf *.tar
(this makes one directory - kde2)

4. I already have /opt/sfw/kde from the sun CD installed and working. I
also ran it's dtlogin script to add kde to the dtlogin manager.

5. mv /opt/sfw/kde /opt/sfw/kde_orig
6. mv /export/home/dgorman/kde2 /opt/sfw/kde
7. exit wm, reset login manger and try to log in again with kde.
8. It starts but before the KDE image comes up, it bombs out back into
the dtlogin screen.

Are there any logs for kde I can check to find out why it's dropping
back to the login screen?

I also made sure i have openssl, libjpeg, zlib installed and that they
are in my path and working.

Any ideas?

Best Regards,
Dan gorman