List:       kde-solaris
Subject:    [kde-solaris] Fwd: Re: more problems
From:       Prashanth L Kamath <plkamath () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-08-20 10:55:13

Hi all,
 I installed the gnu binutils package and that got rid of the last error.
 Now I have a new problem

 /home1/pkamath/progs/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.6/bin/ld:.libs/kimg_eps.so.exp:
 file format not recognized; treating as linker script
 /home1/pkamath/progs/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.6/bin/ld:.libs/kimg_eps.so.exp:
1: parse error
 collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
 make[2]: *** [kimg_eps.la] Error 1
 make[2]: Leaving directory `/home1/pkamath/dump/kde2.2/kdelibs-2.2/kimgio'
 make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
 make[1]: Leaving directory `/home1/pkamath/dump/kde2.2/kdelibs-2.2'
 make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

 Can anyone help me with this?
 the binutils package is installed in the
 /home1/pkamath/progs/gcc/
 directory.

 Thanks,
 -Prashanth
ps: A serach on google gave me this

http://www.google.com/search?q=.libs%2Fkimg_eps.so.exp%3Afile+format+not+re
cognized%3B+treating+as+linker+script&btnG=Google+Search

 The google search gives a link to some usenet post reporting the same
 error. There is a reply to the post which says

 (Cut from the reply)

 I reported this already. For solaris when using g++ libtool
 multi-language-branch thinks you use the system linker. If you use GNU ld
 it fails with the error you are seeing.

 (End of excerpt)

This does not tell me what to do abt it though.