List:       kde-solaris
Subject:    RE: [kde-solaris] kde 3.0.2 dtlogin howto?
From:       "Keith Leng" <keith () keith-leng ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-09-20 13:51:30

>> Ok, I finished compiling everything, and now I need to know how can I
start
>> using kde3?  I don't know how to get it on the login screen so I can
>useit
>> :-(
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated.

>Again: Please consult the documents that can be found at
download.kde.org >for KDE 3.0.1 on Solaris 8.
>eva

Could anyone point me to specific details on sorting out the start-up
procedure? I couldn't find any details at the above mentioned location.

I was running kde 2.2 from /usr/local and starting it with
/usr/local/kde/bin/startkde. I've installed 3.0.1 in /opt but can't find
anything similar to startkde in /opt/kde/bin.

Google has provided me with a few things to try but nothing definitive.
I'm wondering if there was a problem with the installation. I've seen
mention of startkde-3.0.3-to but that doesn't seem to exist either.

Thanks,
Keith