List:       kde-solaris
Subject:    Re: [kde-solaris] 3.1 Alpha 1 linking problems
From:       Devendra Deshpande <devendra () cadence ! com>
Date:       2002-07-24 5:07:13

On Monday 22 Jul 2002 13:07, Eva Brucherseifer wrote:
> Hi Darrell,
>
> On Friday 19 July 2002 18:52, Darrell Esau wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I'm in the process of compiling KDE3.1 Alpha 1 on Solaris 8/Sparc,
> > I'm running into a linking problem.. I'm wondering if anyone has
> > faced this.
>
> Great! I would be glad about a report how it works. Which compiler
> are you using?

I'd be interested too. BTW I have compiled 3.1 A1 on my Solaris 7 box
using gcc-3.1, looks very cool (the eye-candy) and is pretty stable.
Maybe it is just me, but the whole system feels faster than earlier
KDEs :-)

The only serious annoyance I've faced so far was that kwin crashes
whenever I press Ctrl-B (eg in Vi) repeatedly.

Darrell, when your compilation is successful, do tell me if you see the
same problem ...

Regards,
Devendra