List:       kde-solaris
Subject:    Re: [kde-solaris] konsole and Solaris 8
From:       Gerhard Franke <Gerhard.Franke () mni ! fh-giessen ! de>
Date:       2002-07-17 5:58:32

On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 09:24:04AM -0700, Marco Walther wrote:

> GF> There seems to be a problem with the fontrendering in
> GF> konsole from kde-3.0.2. Applications wich use graphic
> GF> chars like mc or mutt have a very, mmh... interesting
> GF> look.
> GF> See http://velociraptor.mni.fh-giessen.de/konsole-mc.png
> GF> for an example.
> GF> Does anybody know what has happened here?

> I think you got a font which does not contain those chars.  Maybe the
> defaults are not the best choice for Solaris?

No, it's not only this. I also tried the font package described in
konsole/README.unicode. This corrects the graphic chars but
introduces a weird display of the terminal window, see
http://velociraptor.mni.fh-giessen.de/konsole-mc-unicode.png
and
http://velociraptor.mni.fh-giessen.de/konsole-unicode.png

Gerhard