List:       kde-solaris
Subject:    Re: [kde-solaris] mapping volume keys in kde
From:       Torsten Kasch <tk () Genetik ! Uni-Bielefeld ! DE>
Date:       2001-10-09 16:26:31

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 11:07:08PM +0100, Paul Mitcheson wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Sorry if this has been asked recently.  I have some recollection of it
> but couldn't find anything on it in my mail folder.
>
> Can anyone advise me how to map the volume keys so that they work in KDE
> they as they do in CDE.

If you're running at least Solaris 7, have a look at the manpages for
speckeysd(1M) and speckeysd.map(4). Next, you need a simple C program
to alter the volume appropriately. If you have a SunSolve Online account,
you can take the example from the document FAQ ID#3016 (works for me
on our Ultra 5).

Since it's not accessible without a password I won't post the (trivial)
source here, but if you know a little C, it shouldn't be too difficult
to write your own "volumectl" with the help of audio(7I)...

cheers,
	Torsten

--
   Torsten Kasch                               tk@Genetik.Uni-Bielefeld.DE