List:       kde-sdk-devel
Subject:    Moving KSpy from kdesdk to tags/unmaintained/3/kspy ?
From:       "Friedrich W. H. Kossebau" <kossebau () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-05-16 17:04:51

Hi Richard, Richard, Robert, and else,

in preparation of the migration of kdesk to git I found that kspy is currently
excluded from the build, with the comment "remember to port kspy to Qt4's
metaobjects". While Richard Dale once praised it in KDE3 times
(http://blogs.kde.org/node/799), from Robert Knight's blog entry about his "Qt
Inspector" (http://kdemonkey.blogspot.de/2011/07/qt-inspector.html) I learn
that it still needs love/a port and instead there are now Robert's "Qt
Inspector", KDAB's "GammaRay" and Basyskom's "basyskom Inspector":

https://github.com/robertknight/Qt-Inspector
http://www.kdab.com/kdab-products/gammaray/
http://gitorious.org/basyskom-inspector

Which means for me there is no need in porting KSpy to Qt4 and instead it
should be moved directly to tags/unmaintained/3/kspy . Anyone agrees?

I will do so next Sunday, May 20th, in the European evening, unless anyone
objects.

Cheers
Friedrich

PS: Next two kdesdk submodules to check for removal are "kunittest" and
"scheck"